Monday 5 August 2013

Norscan Mountain Orcs...

Kev "Goblinmaster" Adams has sculpted miniatures for a huge number of companies in addition to Citadel and these Mountain Orcs he produced in the early nineties for Alternative Armies are a couple of my favourites.


They are considerably larger than even the hulking Black Orcs and this necessitated mounting them on 40mm square bases. I do have some more hiding in a filing cabinet somewhere so will look to hunt them down. I do have a cool concept for a standard bearer if I get the chance...


Background wise I have decided that they are the mongrel offspring of Orcs and Trolls, found in the mountains of Norsca. I haven't thought much about a stat line for them but will probably use Ogre stats with Orc Animosity and Troll Fear, Stupidity and Regenerate special rules.

1 comment:

  1. Never heard of these before - but I like them!

    Collecting all Kev's miniatures must be the surest route to madness!

    Have you seen the Kev Adams Challenge blog before?

    ReplyDelete